Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mexican food and maids

When we went to church on Saturday nights, we always went to Taco Bell for dinner afterwards. It was kind of a tradition. They cancelled the Saturday night service a while ago, so we go on Sunday mornings now. We still drive through Taco Bell for lunch afterwards, but it's just not the same.
So what's the big deal you ask? Well Courtney's Dad bought us a Quesadilla maker for Christmas.
Could homemade Quesadilla's take the place of Taco Bell? I've been pondering this since Christmas day. We decided to try it out tonight and it was quite a success. Also take into consideration the price of tortillas and a large bag of cheese. Oops! Let me rephrase that. The EXTRA LARGE bag of cheese. I was told that my large bag wasn't large enough, and was sent back to get the extra large bag. Anyway, way cheaper than the $20 trip through Taco Bell.

Ainsley dug right in. She didn't even ask for it to be cut up. She just grabbed her triangle and tore into it.
Ty was willing to stray away from his regular 2 bean burritos, and tried his first Quesadilla. Success! He even asked for seconds.
Once dinner was over, we were getting ready to take down Christmas decorations. Today had been a big house cleaning day to Ty and I. Little off topic, but Ty cleaned the heck out of his bedroom and bathroom today.
I couldn't find Ainsley, and thought she may have gone into the playroom to play. I was just about to go find her, when I saw a slight movement out of the corner of my eye. It was coming from behind the TV stand, over by the fireplace. I stopped to look, right as Ainsley poked her head out and flashed a giant grin.
It's not uncommon for Ainsley to take off into these little quiet corners of the house. Usually one of two things is occuring. The first is that she's gone off to hide. She'll wait for one of us to notice her and play the old, "Where did Ainsley go?" Then she'll jump out at us and squeal with laughter. The second reason is that she's going to her quiet place to...poop! She stands against the wall and contorts her face into the craziest positions. It's kind of funny, until the smell hits you. I cautiously walked over there, hoping for a game of hide and seek. What I saw was something completly different. I guess she'd noticed Ty and I cleaning today, because she was taking a tissue from the tissue box that lay at her feet.
She then, very proudly, cleaned the side of the TV stand. Up and down, up and down. It was like some kind of scene out of the Karate Kid. "Wax on, wax off!" I thanked her for her help, and then burst out laughing with what she did next.
She threw down the tissue onto the floor, in a pile of about 30 other tissues that she'd already gone through. It looked like half the tissue box lay crumpled up on the floor. Does this girl not know the value of a dollar? Does she think tissues are free? Does money really grow on trees? I didn't have the heart to tell her to stop, so just let her continue working her way through the box, praising her for her help.
The funniest part of the whole thing was that when she was done, she took all the tissues and shoved them back into the box! RECYCLING! That's my girl.

1 comment:

Kandis said...

Ha ha ha. First of all Mr. Nicholson...you should know that your wife would always want you to buy the largest bag of chesse.

I think that's so funny about Ainsley cleaning with you. She is such a little toot!